Leadership requires a passion for results!
Learn more about David's record.
(Click on an issue to learn more.)
David Catania brings passion to his work, and he gets results. But don't take our word for it. His achievements as a legislator have been recognized by numerous organizations, including the DC Appleseed, American Lung Association, National Kidney Foundation, National Congress of Black Women, D.C. Action for Children, Human Rights Campaign, and many others.
David’s vision and leadership, particularly in the areas of education and healthcare, have benefited the lives of residents in every corner of the District. During his time on the Council, David has been the driving force behind:
• Fair funding for "At-Risk" students;
• The D.C. Promise - making college affordable;
• Marriage Equality;
• Cutting the number of uninsured residents in half;
• Saving the city’s only safety-net hospital;
• Transforming the city’s response to the HIV/AIDS epidemic;
• Smoke-Free D.C.;
• Medical Marijuana, and much more.
David has also championed successful efforts to lower income and property taxes, recruit technology companies to the District, and provide apprenticeship and career-oriented training opportunities to District residents. Click on the links below to learn more about David’s record of results.